About Me

My photo
I'm going to search for the meaning to my existence! I then, will find the talent within me, and develop it to the best of my ability. I will make the most of this life that I've been given and will do this without infringing upon anyone else's opportunity to do the same...

Friday, January 8, 2010

I got it!

Happy Friday! I'm a little sluggish today but nonetheless feeling good! I received my acceptance this week into the graduate program I told you about a while back. I'm hyped! I begin classes at the end of the month and I feel like a little kid waiting on Santa. It's a breath of fresh air because I really wanted to make the right move. The previous graduate program I was in was wonderful! John Jay College is the Mecca of criminal justice studies and I was honored to be accepted into their MPA program.  I started part time and it was all good.  At the same time I was stressed because my career wasn't kicking off like I thought it would after undergrad.  I was gaining experience outside of my field and was becoming discouraged. I had to re evaluate and make this unwanted situation productive. I reviewed my current work experience and came to the conclusion I'd gained a lot of management experience. I began researching various schools and programs. It was a never ending story and I felt like I was going nowhere fast. I finally came across organizational leadership studies! I thought "ah wah dis?!?!?!!". I then researched jobs within the field and low and behold...this was it! I read testimonials from students that went on into administration positions within the criminal justice field, higher education and non for profit organizations. When your proactive and move stratigically all things workout for the good.  I'm thankful for options.  

Until next time,


Love, Peace, Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment